=}ESAW{= Extreme Soldiers At War

You are not logged in.

#1 Sun, Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

kamikazi
Roster Status: Clan Leader
Website Xfire

Gaming Headset recommendations

I know there is a topic on headsets from 2013 but since it was almost 3 years old,  I thought I would ask again.

Currently,  I have the Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset which uses stereo jacks and has 5 speakers per ear.  One of the speakers in the left channel has gone out.  Before that, I had the Tritton Pro 5.1 which used stereo jacks as well and had 4 speakers per ear.  I believe the Tritton Pros picked up in game sound directions better than the Tiamats including up and down direction.  Now these headsets are OK for music but that's not what I was looking for.  I also tried the Koss  KB45 (I believe) but if I could get the same Tritton Pro headset I had a few years ago, that is what I would go with.

Now for the questions, what is you current headset and would you buy them again?  Are they the best headset to date that you have owned for gaming purposes?  If not, what headset was your favorite?

Essentially, I need a new headset.

kamisig.jpg

#2 Sun, Feb 21, 2016 8:56 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

Re: Gaming Headset recommendations

I've currently got a set of Audio-Technica ATH-AD700's, but I believe they've been replaced with the ATH-AD700x.  They're only 2.0 speakers, but they've got such a large soundstage (more important than individual small drivers commonly found in 5.1/7.1 headsets), that the positional audio is actually better than the 5.1's.

Also, I've got a Labtec LVA-7330 modded onto my headset for my mic (see here).

Also, if you've got some time, I'd recommend looking through this reddit

signature.png

#3 Mon, Feb 22, 2016 4:56 pm

kamikazi
Website Xfire

XP, I see that the AD700x only had one stereo jack.  Do you plug this directly into your sound card or do you have an amplifier?

kamisig.jpg

#4 Thu, Mar 03, 2016 10:48 am

kamikazi
Website Xfire

OK XP, I ended up watching some reviews on the Audio Technica head phones and took a baby step by ordering a pair one step below yours. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009S3 … ailpages00

A review I watched online before I decided to try them out.  Thanks XP for the advise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMp4WyUbSuQ

kamisig.jpg

#5 Thu, Mar 03, 2016 8:41 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

You can't go wrong with the ones you got either.  The 53mm drivers will astound you.  Night and day.  Just make sure you don't plug them into the onboard sound provided by your motherboard.  They don't have have enough power to make them shine.

signature.png

Board footer