=}ESAW{= Extreme Soldiers At War

You are not logged in.

#1 Wed, Jul 11, 2012 2:06 pm

EvilKarnie
=}ESAW{=

Hiya Again!

Hey gals and guys,

Just giving you a heads up that i ended up buying, not building a new pc. Its not bad...the only thing i think so far i have to do is upgrade the graphics within. It is a "retail model," as the regular price was $599, and i got it for $167 so i had to jump at the opportunity. Keep in mind that i also picked this pc for school which i will be attending in August. Heres the model i bought. *EDIT* Gaming is secondary right now...

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-p7-12 … B007CF2HJ8

Its been running extremely well since i hooked it up yesterday, and i was planning on getting one of these cards to pop into this guy. Lemme know any feed back, do's and dont's, any other suggestions. Also keep in mind im still on a budget so i cant get anything $200+ right now. Thanks for any ideas. hope to hear from everyone very soon!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi … &x=13&y=12

Last edited by EvilKarnie (Wed, Jul 11, 2012 2:17 pm)

evilkarnie.png

#2 Wed, Jul 11, 2012 4:32 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Roster Status: Clan Leader
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

Re: Hiya Again!

Welcome back.  Be nice having you around again.  Get some og's back.

Although I'm not a big fan of HP's, you did get a great price on it.  Although compared to other processors like the i5-2500k, it doesn't even come close (stock i5).  But for the price, you really can't complain...

PS, If you don't plan on using the Dirt Showdown coupon code, you could send it my way wink

signature.png

#3 Wed, Jul 11, 2012 7:53 pm

EvilKarnie
=}ESAW{=

Hey xp,

Nice to hear from you. As i figured it might be somewhat not worth it to upgrade, ill most likely try and salvage my old system. But that literally means building a new pc. Mobo processor, ram, the works. Thatll take some time. But for now ill be able to jump on and talj to everyone.

Oh! Before i left work i installed cod mw, and it actuallt ran it really well. So ill most likely at least get cod 2 if people still play it. Havent gamed on a pc in years though

evilkarnie.png

#4 Wed, Jul 11, 2012 8:26 pm

waysa
Resident Hipster
Roster Status: Clan Member
Xfire
Rank
I--WAYSA--I
Score: 9,175,540
10,002 K / 12,153 D
Dogtags: 224

EvilKarnie wrote:

Hey xp,

Nice to hear from you. As i figured it might be somewhat not worth it to upgrade, ill most likely try and salvage my old system. But that literally means building a new pc. Mobo processor, ram, the works. Thatll take some time. But for now ill be able to jump on and talj to everyone.

Oh! Before i left work i installed cod mw, and it actuallt ran it really well. So ill most likely at least get cod 2 if people still play it. Havent gamed on a pc in years though

Get a card, put it in your new machine, and take it out and use it when you rebuild.  The quad core is still capable of gaming.

96051144133.png

#5 Thu, Jul 12, 2012 1:26 am

EvilKarnie
=}ESAW{=

waysa wrote:
EvilKarnie wrote:

Hey xp,

Get a card, put it in your new machine, and take it out and use it when you rebuild.  The quad core is still capable of gaming.

I was in the process of doing so, but while checking with cool earlier about what card and power supply to get, i ran into a big issue, the card is too damn big. The way they have this mobo set up, the end of the express slot literally runs into the memory slot...i was planning on selling the pc, then maybe by my next check put the difference into a new machine

evilkarnie.png

#6 Thu, Jul 12, 2012 8:52 am

sleepingdog
Resident Hillbilly
Roster Status: Clan Leader
Xfire

Rank
asleepingdog
Score: 73,250,258
104,098 K / 54,443 D
Dogtags: 2601

#7 Thu, Jul 12, 2012 11:32 am

EvilKarnie
=}ESAW{=

Thanks dog, ill definitely keep those in mind! I already have someone emailing me about the system, so hopefully it goes through and ill be able to get something else.

evilkarnie.png

#8 Thu, Jul 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Wreckahoe
Founder
Roster Status: Clan Founder
Xfire

Rank
cptwreckahoe
Score: 32,873,119
31,846 K / 30,131 D
Dogtags: 136

Board footer