=}ESAW{= Extreme Soldiers At War

You are not logged in.

#26 Sat, Apr 03, 2010 4:26 am

Guerrilla

Re: ESAW- Your opinion on this setup

xPlozion wrote:

But that's my problem, I can't manage my time playing games on computers.  Once I start, I can't seem to stop for anything other than sleep, which is significantly later than when I had planned on sleeping.  For me, it's either been all the time or absolutely none at all.

I'm just in a confused state of my life, where I don't know what I want to do or how I'm gonna get there... Quarter life crisis I tell ya.  I'm currently an electrician, but there's times that I hate it, and I'd like to get a good paying job...  All the scenario's keep playing in my mind and it's starting to give me headaches and doubts.

Any non-community colleges are out of the question, and even then I don't know what I want to get into... I've got so many other options that I keep playing through my head, and choosing the one that seems to make me happy is a tough choice...

Possible choices:
-Electrician
-Go to school and get into networking
-Work on security systems
-Work for a cable/utility company
-Become an officer
-Maybe join the services
-Volunteer for Americorps/Peacecorps
-Maybe work on motorcycles (currently have a sport bike)

I'm just confused and need what seems like forever to run through all the scenarios that will ultimately make me happiest

im in the same boat, though my main focus lately (like the past week) has been figuring out how to get a job in radio (id love to dj or host or w/e) and learn to build computers (ive been tinkering and its a ton of fun. just playing with a few old comps and taking them apart, making various frankenstein machines that hopefully work (no monitor to check it, but theyve turned on thus far so im doin something right) and its got a high margin for profit (ie 600 in parts = 1200+ computer in retail. ) so it would at elast be something fun and profitable to do on the side. also, thread stolen. sorry wolf. heheh.

#27 Sat, Apr 03, 2010 7:02 am

Vai
Roster Status: Clan Member
Xfire

Rank
_Vai_
Score: 1,286,000
1,109 K / 2,074 D
Dogtags: 39

No the old computer had XP on it. Like I said other files and folders that was on the drive were both readable and recoverable. Just everything in my documents was gone.

7.62 mm FMJ  The ultimate problem solver!
377150369.jpg

#28 Sat, Apr 03, 2010 7:41 am

Wonka

X is right and I would bet that is the issue. There are very few real "Viruses" out there now adays. Most of the shit is malware and more anoying then actually distructive to the file systems.

#29 Sat, Apr 03, 2010 9:52 am

coolrunnin
Administrator
Roster Status: Clan Leader
Xfire
Rank
coolrunnin
Score: 6,502,995
8,617 K / 5,080 D
Dogtags: 46

Windows has no effect on wether your pc boots up and the fans spin, remove everything from the mobo and see if it boots up with just cpu and vid in, no ram, hd, dvd/cd, fans(cpu only) if it doesnt boot rma if its under warranty or look for new mobo. If it does boot up add 1 peice of hardware at a time and boot it up. Also clear cmos and remove the battery for 15mins.

I am mentally challenging you.....so consider yourself mentally challenged.

2680525.png

887884.png

5czer1.png

#30 Sun, May 09, 2010 10:26 pm

awolf115
Xfire

How about some opinions on the Corsair H50 liquid CPU cooler system  $79.99 at tiger direct or use a quality fan style cooler.

I went with the 4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline memory.  2x2gb

#31 Mon, May 10, 2010 12:13 am

Crawlndog
Administrator
Xfire

Rank
Crawlndog
Score: 11,698,066
11,863 K / 8,893 D
Dogtags: 358

If you do go with the H50.... make sure u get an extra fan and set it up doing the push/pull..... from what I read, that is the best way to go.... I plan on getting one of those soon.

#32 Mon, May 10, 2010 12:45 am

awolf115
Xfire

I've read quite afew reviews and your right about the fans and they recomend pulling the cool air in to the case. I got the HAF 932 so getting rid of the hot air should not be a problem.

I can't wait to start building my rig.

#33 Mon, May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Cptcantshoot
Hongkongfuey
Roster Status: Clan Member

up the annie, to a 5 to 10 lb maul, and go at it,,,if by chance anything is left, see if it works,,,if it does, repeat the first step....

#34 Thu, May 27, 2010 7:13 pm

awolf115
Xfire

HAF 932 case
AMD Phenom II 3.2 Black Edition
GIGABYTE mobo
Corsair 750watt psu
Western Digital 500gb caviar black HD
Lite-On DVD ROM
XFX HD 5770
Mushkin 4gb black line memory
Zalman cpu cooler w/2 fans in push-pull
Windows 7  64 bit

Parts i have so far.   if you see something else i need let me know

Last edited by awolf115 (Mon, Jun 07, 2010 12:12 am)

#35 Thu, May 27, 2010 7:31 pm

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

umm, how about a video card?

signature.png

#36 Thu, May 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Mark
Xfire

I tell you one thing. That Corsair H50 is the SHIZZ for the money.

#37 Fri, May 28, 2010 5:30 am

awolf115
Xfire

XP, ihave a xfx hd 5770 card for now.  I'm going to get this up and running and then upgrade down the road when i build up my paypal acct. again. 

Mark, That H50 is on the wish list when i get a few bucks and i'll put this zalman cooler on my         e-machine.  The Zalman Flex makes the stock amd cooler look like a toy...and i couldnt pass up a good deal plus i got fans from tiger direct buy one get one free that were decent.

#38 Mon, Jun 07, 2010 12:22 am

awolf115
Xfire

Well i have the part's in the case and now im doing the wires. It wasn't that bad.

Wondering about the red cable from the front of case that says crimping sata?  Also do i have to hook up the HD audio cable from the front of the case?  Im just going to use my headset.

I have photos to show so i will try the photobucket web site and try to post them. Wish it was like doing an e-mail LOL.

#39 Mon, Jun 07, 2010 5:42 am

xPlozion
хρʟᴏᴢɪᴏɳ|хɢ
Website Xfire

Rank
IxPlozionI
Score: 5,260,519
7,430 K / 5,067 D
Dogtags: 338

if you're gonna use the front audio panel, then yes.  the hd audio is for all input/outputs, including mic and line-in

also, i'm not sure why it would say crimping sata (haven't looked at mine though), but I just plugged mine into my sata slot.  In theory though, I could simply leave it disconnected, since it never gets used, like my front audio.

also, depending on the location for the comp, you may wish to leave at least the power lead disconnected, as it's pretty bright (the hdd indicator led too), especially at night.  I use my red fan for my power indicator light and I've got no real use for the hdd indicator light wink

signature.png

#40 Sun, Jun 27, 2010 1:51 pm

awolf115
Xfire

Well i fired it up today just to check my wiring job after i finally got my fan controller and i think i have a defective controller?

It is a Zalman zm-mfc1 plus, all the led's flicker red and there is no change in fan speed when you adjust the knobs.

Fans seem to run at 3/4 speed. When i disconnect it and hook up the fans to the mobo they spin faster.  I hooked it up by the directions on the box so im guessing its bad.

Every thing else seems ok cd drive has power and the hard drive is working  i just have to clean up my wire job.

Board footer